Thursday, July 22, 2010

Felixia Yeap






Miss Malaysia pullout shocker

Naughty but nice

Naughty but nice

By WONG SAI WAN

WHAT a bombshell! Yeap, that’s Felixia, a former kindergarten teacher who is not afraid to speak her mind or to stand up for her rights.

But the bigger bombshell now is the one she has dropped - she has quit the Miss World/Malaysia contest even though she won the audition to be among the 20 finalists. The reason? She did not agree to the terms and conditions.

In a late night message on Facebook (FB). the popular model told this writer that she had quit the contest because the contract was too lopsided.

On her FB status, she wrote:
“Felixia Yeap has officially withdrawn herself from the Miss World Malaysia 09 due to some of its Terms And Conditions which cannot be amended and thus, unacceptable for her and her current career. Thank you all for your support, faith and for believing in her. Sorry for letting you all down...”

Felixia said the contract would affect her earnings.

The pageant organiser reacted very quickly and removed Felixia’s name and pictures from its website and there was no announcement about her withdrawal.

For those who know Felixia, her latest move does not come as a surprise because this 23-year-old Ipoh lass is opinionated, well read and not afraid to speak her mind.

An example is during a casual conversation before this photo shoot , Felixia went for the jugular.

“How can the Indonesian maids demand a minimum salary of RM800 per month? My salary was not even that when I was teaching at a international kindergarten in Bangsar!”

Anyway, what did she teach?

“I taught our national language and hip-hop dance to expatriates’ kids for almost two years,” she said. Looking at her slender and lithe body, anyone would be willing to learn from her, what more kids.

Felixia Yeap (left) in 2006 when she emerged first runner-up in the Miss Malaysia Tourism pageant

Felixia Yeap (left) in 2006 when she emerged first runner-up in the Miss Malaysia Tourism pageant



Unlike most models who love to party and smoke (I have been assured that most do), Felixia believes in clean living as she neither smokes nor goes clubbing unless its part of the modelling job requirement.

Vices? “I don’t smoke and I don’t do drugs. I also don’t like to go clubbing because it’s not the place to go dancing.

"If I want to dance, I would rather go to a gym and have a proper workout.”

Asked if she is not afraid that she would be left out of the happening crowd, Felixia shrugs her shoulders and says she is prepared to be disappointed but will not compromise on her principles.

Felixia who went to Sek Men Tarcisian Convent says she was a nerdy prefect with "quite good" academic scores.

She describes herself as “a passionate model who aims to craft her name in the industry, who also loves soothing jazz, sinful food, dangerously fast rides, evenings at the beach, and dirty dancing. I am also an aspiring vocalist and writer.”

Her hobbies are collecting lingerie and super-high stilettos; something which she happily parades around in but only in the comfort of her apartment in Kuala Lumpur.

However, Felixia quickly adds: “One of the biggest reasons I love beaches is because I get to wear really tiny bikinis and run around in public - provided I don’t get in trouble with the law.”

That’s Felixia - naughty but nice.

Felixia is also a prolific Facebook-er and has 4.493 friends on FB and almost 7,000 fans on her model site.

“I can do without most things but not my Facebook,” she says.

Asked what she looks for in a guy, she says:

“He must be mature and accept me as I am. He must adore and treasure me like a precious gem.

“He must be deep and wise but with a good dose of humour. He must also be stable financially and career-wise. Most importantly, he must be older than me.”

What about looks?

“I'm Not too bothered about looks. As as long as his face doesn’t make babies cry and dogs bark.”

No comments: