Friday, July 23, 2010

MELISSA Campbell





'Geek' goddess

Campbell posing with the Peugeot 308 VTi

Campbell posing with the Peugeot 308 VTi

MELISSA Campbell is a self-professed geek.

“I’m extremely clumsy and dorky! I constantly trip over myself, knock things over when I eat and I’m a huge nerd,” she says.

In person, though, the 18-year-old appears far from that. Looking cute in her black and purple jacket and skinny jeans as she posed with the Peugeot 308 VTi, the petite actress came off as cheerful and confident.

Campbell shot to fame 10 years ago by starring alongside Chow Yun-Fat and Jodie Foster in Hollywood production Anna and the King.

Fresh from shooting the second season of Ghost and hosting RTM’s The Other Side of Food, she is currently hosting Astro’s Mobile TV.

Campbell gets comfortable in the Peugeot 308 VTi

Campbell gets comfortable in the Peugeot 308 VTi

On top of that, Campbell, of Chinese and Scottish parentage, is the ambassador for Silkygirl cosmetics.

Campbell’s biggest passion is still acting.

The girl kick-started her acting career when she scored the meaty role of Princess Fa-Ying in Anna and the King.

“It changed my life. Stepping on that set at eight years old and taking in the whole magnitude of it, I knew that this is where I wanted to be. And after having had a taste of it, I know that I must get there some day.

“I’ve always wanted to be an actress since I was six years old and my dream has never faltered. It’s a challenge every time I take on a new project and it’s always a learning experience,” she adds.

Just how far will she go?

“I would shave my head if it’s required of me!” she says, adding that she would love to break the typecast of “the rich, spoilt girl”.

No comments: