Thursday, July 8, 2010

Jezamine Lim






Harith Iskander vows to win over in-laws

Despite parental objection, local funnyman Harith Iskander, 44 and Jezamine Lim, 27, ended their fairytale romance with a beautiful wedding over the weekend.

Sadly, Jezamine's parents, who disapprove of their doctor daughter's choice of man, refused to turn up for the ceremony.

But Harith was undeterred.

"Although her parents have yet to give their blessings, I refused to keep our wedding a secret from them," the groom told Harian Metro.

"I will not give up on them and will try my best to win them over. I'm confident that one day, they will accept me as their son-in-law."

Citing that he drew strength and inspiration from his late parents' mixed marriage experience, Harith added, "My mum (she's English) had the same problem when she married my dad (he's Malay). But my grandparents eventually accepted my dad."

The amazingly gifted actor/comedian/director, who lost both his parents early this year, always keeps in mind his mum's wise words: "Mum had adviced me to have a lot of patience in dealing with situation like this. Time is the best cure."

No comments: