Friday, August 20, 2010

Olivia Munn






Iron Man 2 Star Olivia Munn Pens Memoir

Get to know me better...
Get to know me better...

Iron Man 2 star Olivia Munn has put pen to paper about her abusive upbringing and rise to fame in a new autobiography. The actress, who turned 30 recently, has written a candid memoir entitled Suck It, Wonder Woman! The Misadventures of a Hollywood Geek, which hit shelves in U.S on 6 July.

Olivia hopes sharing humorous behind-the-scenes tales of her success, and how she overcame personal trauma, will inspire young women who face similar challenges.

She tells New York Magazine, “I want young girls to know there’s somebody who went through a lot of bad stuff and made it out on the other end. I had an abusive stepfather. And because he was in the Air Force, we were always moving. I was disliked because I was the new girl in every school I went to. But it made me resilient and taught me to use humour to make friends.”

No matter how many celebs have talked about their abuse before, fresh ones are always newsworthy. I guess nothing brings people together like knowing that “there’s another person out there who has gone through hell and back.” And more so if it’s a celebrity. The buzz is that much bigger.

No comments: